Our weekend was a little more uneventful than usual...somehow we didn't have any major plans for once, and the down time was very nice! It was really just the girls and I for most of the weekend as Bill was in Chicago covering Tiger Soccer at the State Tournament.
The girls and I did some cooking, some cleaning, made some cookies, and had Family Game Night without Bill. The girls LOVE FGM...so anytime we have a weekend night without plans that is what we do. We play UNO Attack (our favorite), Old Maid, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Snap, Go Fish, Zingo, etc. Fun games, but easy enough that everyone can participate without too much assistance.
We also grocery shopped...those of you with kids likely understand why to me grocery shopping with both of my children is the torture of all tortures. Shopping with only one of them isn't too bad(not great, but bearable)...but bring them both along and they are fighting over what to buy, who gets to help me do what. Brit gets to push the cart, because Brie isn't tall enough yet. I'd really like to push it myself but it helps if they have jobs and the cart is a good job for someone. Of course, I do have to constantly be aware of where Brie is(I try to keep her right in front of me so that Brit can't run her down), and make sure she isn't hogging the whole grocery store aisle. Not only all of this but I'm sure shopping with the pair cost me at least an extra $50. I tried to hold strong, but I became weak at about the cereal aisle of the second store. So...instead of our usual healthy cereal choices of Berry Cheerios and Life, we came home with what other than sugary High School Musical (thank you oh marketing genius, yes put HSM or Hannah Montana on anything and I MUST buy it for one of my girls) and Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs...every kid should eat chocolate and peanut butter cereal for breakfast!
I'm in the meat area and pick up a package of hamburger, and Brie says "Mommy, don't buy us worms!" When was the last time I made worms for dinner? The child has been to the store with me before, and watches and helps me cook. Not like the first time we've ever had hamburger! It was funny all the same, and the lady next to me and her teenage son got a big kick out of it!
I'm sure the check out lady loved me, because as I was checking out I found three items in my cart that I hadn't approved of which I gave to her and told her I didn't want. Both girls of course claim they didn't put them in the cart, I told them they have lie bumps! Brie also proceeded to cry because I wouldn't buy her any candy. Candy! I don't know about you, but we have enough candy in our house from Trick or Treating to last us until at least Easter.
When we got home from the store I got some video of the girls singing to their High School Musical Wii game before we headed over to Nana and Papa's for Sunday dinner. They are very excited for me to post them performing. Sorry in advance about the video quality, I just used my digital camera for these and it was in our basement so not the best lighting.
Here is Brittney...
And here is Brie....
It's all about the drama at our house!!

3 comments:
The videos are too too cute. And ditto on the grocery shopping w/the little people! It's practically cheaper to hire a sitter than the extra $$ you end up by those crazy purchases and throwing stuff in the cart yourself just trying to run through the isles faster! Augh...someday, apparently, we will miss these days. hehe. =)
Hi Becky!
It's great to read about you and the girls. I got your blog link from Erica :). Your girls are the exact ages of my big boys. Glad you and your family are doing well!
Hi Megan!
Good to hear from you! I catch up on your family from the link from Erica's blog too. I need to add you guys to my list. Glad you guys are doing well too! It's fun to keep up with what is going on in everyone's busy lives!
Post a Comment