It started last week with stomach flu. Brie started it off on Thursday, Brittney followed on Saturday, then me on Sunday. Bill got a little bout too, but we're not sure his wasn't self inflicted from eating too much jalapeno loaded Chili.
On Monday my Grandpa was admitted to the hospital with Severe Congestive Heart Failure. They moved him to the ICU on Wednesday and things aren't looking good. He's still fighting, but his body is showing signs of shutting down. His kidneys, lungs, and heart are all in bad shape. This is Pappy's third admission to the hospital since Thanksgiving, and each time he comes home weaker. Please keep him in your prayers, we really need them right now. Pappy is not ready to go yet, he wants to watch his Great Granddaughters grow up and to see my brother and Katie get married.
Pappy is such a kind hearted and sweet man. He plays the lotto everyday in hopes of winning so that he can pay off all of our houses so that we don't have to worry about money. He is soft hearted and caring and would do anything to bring joy to someone else. We're not ready to lose him yet, so please send some extra prayers his direction if you can.
Brittney has been home from school with a virus yesterday and today. Sore throat, cough, fever of 102-104. She's doing a little better today, but we're trying to keep her calm and well rested.
We got a call this morning at 5:30 that Bill's brother, Dennis, was in the hospital with appendicitis. We just got a call that he is out of surgery and doing well. If all continues to go well he will get to come home tomorrow.
Uggg, I'm tired of sickness and Dr.'s and hospitals! We're hoping and praying that the sickness is leaving our house for good and that Denny and especially my Grandpa will get better and get to come home soon!

7 comments:
Becky,
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa and hope he is better soon! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Thinking of you all! And, please everyone...FEEL BETTER SOON!
Love,
Holly
Yuck! Bad news on the blog! Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Your entire family will be in my thoughts.
sending comforting thoughts your way. keep you all in my prayers.
Oh, Becky, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep your family in my prayers. What a tough, trying week!
Praying all the flu and icky sick leaves your home, and that your Grandpa gains strength and is comfortable during this time. Also that he is released from the hospital with a good outlook, and is able to attend Brian's wedding. (Horray, I didn't know you were gaining a sis-in-law!)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6478743
becky, have you seen this shop?
No, but I love it Beth. Thanks! I definitely see some things I must have!
Love the pretty multi colored cupcake cups and I see some cupcake picks I need for a friends upcoming B-day.
Becky,
I am so deeply sorry for the loss that your family is suffering with right now. Your grandpa was an incredible man! I can remember playing at their house when we were little. I will keep each and every one of you in my daily thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Dawn
Post a Comment