Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cancelled Events

In my post last weekend I talked about how we were going to have a full week of exciting things to post...then we got a light winter storm. Really it wasn't bad at all, but there was ice involved and school was cancelled Monday...so Brie's Kindergarten Christmas program was also cancelled.

On Tuesday they let school out a whopping ten minutes early, yet Brittney's drama club performance was also cancelled. Luckily it is rescheduled for the week the kiddo's get back from Christmas break. Brit has one of the leads in this play, and we have been rehearsing for months. I think I have the darn thing memorized, Brit has an adorable new Zebra dress I purchased special for the occasion, we were both bummed Tuesday!

Wednesday school was cancelled again, but conditions weren't bad that day at all. Luckily for us, Bill (Bill may feel differently about that last statement, I don't think he was feeling so lucky!) was on vacation Monday through Wednesday so we weren't frantically trying to find someone to watch the girls at the last minute. By Wednesday he was feeling the need to get them out of the house so he took them ice skating in East Alton and then to the YMCA to go swimming. Smart on his part, cause after all of that exercise they both took long naps (and Brit never naps anymore)! When I got home I asked him where the pics of ice skating were so I could have a look, and darn him...he didn't take any! Hello honey, we have a blog to update here!

Anyway, our eventful week has been uneventful. Tomorrow the girls have their Sunday School Christmas program in the morning, and their Choir Christmas program at night, so I should have some new pics to post after that.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting all of their Christmas shopping finished up! I need to check my list again, but I think I am down to one more gift yet to purchase and then I am done! Let the wrapping begin!

Well must run, off to bake some cookies for tomorrow nights choir performance...

1 comment:

Tasha Roe said...

got the christmas card! the girls are so cute and funny. the boys laughed at their picture. :)
Have a very merry Christmas!!